1. Open the Flash MX movie in which you want to add the 3DPieChart component.
2. Drag the 3DPieChart Component from the
3. View the properties of the component.
4. To show you how the component works, we'll first change the sample data with our own values. Change it to seven quantities: 1,1,1,1,2,5,9 as shown below in the "Data" area:
5. You will notice that there are insufficient colors for the amount of pieces (the last 3 pieces have the same blue color #3333FF). Edit the "colors" text field as shown below. Change "3333FF,3333FF,3333FF" to "CCCC33,CC3333,33CC33" (yellow, red and green).
6. See the small 3DPieChart on the left side of the Properties window. This is a small 'live preview'. It displays all the changes that you make with the 3DPieChart properties, but it also has a more important function: it is used to set the 3D position, the angle. To do this, just click your mouse on the image and drag.
7. In the same fashion, you can change the position of each pie, relative to the center of the 3DPieChart (drag the pieces using your mouse by pressing the "SHIFT" button on your keyboard). See the example below:
8. After publishing, these are the results:
The result is a vector 6kb 3dPieChart. You may also use standard Flash tools to add a background or to create explanatory hints.